12News, the TEGNA ABC/NBC affiliate in Beaumont, Texas, is looking for an enthusiastic and innovative Weekend Sports Anchor/Multi-Skilled Journalist who will excel in a market ripe with local sports.
The ideal candidate will work with the Sports Director to cover all major sporting events but also bring in sports otherwise not covered via local news like 12U girls’ softball. The ideal candidate will need to have an organized calendar to keep up with games and the ability to develop deep local sources for breaking sports news.
We’re seeking an independent, innovative storyteller who can break out of the sea of sameness and innovate local sports for a new generation with an emphasis on character-driven sports storytelling.
We’re looking for more than the highlights; we want perspectives, analysis and points of view on all thing's sports. A presence on social media and our digital platforms is also key.
• Develop story ideas, write, shoot and edit news stories for on-air broadcasting and digital platforms.
• Write in an exciting, captivating and authentic manner.
• Use the latest editing and photography tools to tell great stories.
• Develop original content through social listening and independent sources.
• Use your skills to produce different sportscasts and specials that aren’t afraid to break the mold.
• Deliver on-air events in an engaging, exciting, and accurate manner.
• Interview news subjects and research for facts and credibility.
• Develop sources that allow you to break stories.
• Write and post daily on all digital platforms including social media.
• Enterprise sports stories.
• Shoot, write and edit packaged reports.
• Write for the web, including attaching images and streaming video.
• BA/BS in journalism, communications or related.
• Candidate should be able to write compelling copy that is clear and concise and come to work every day with a vision for newscast.
• Must be a champion for newscast.
• Ability to incorporate digital into program, including social conversation.
• Must be able to work under minimal supervision.
• Strong social media skills, including an active news hound presence on Twitter and Facebook.
• Knowledge of ENPS preferred.
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Outdoors: performed in various outdoor environmental conditions.
Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network, Twist and Quest. TEGNA offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion<https://premion.com/>, TEGNA's OTT advertising service.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.