WJXT-TV in Jacksonville, Florida is looking for a multi-media reporter to join our team of dedicated journalists. We are looking for a proactive leader who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative, and competitive environment. Your primary role includes reporting for the weekend and morning newscasts, along with contributing to our digital and social media platforms.
Candidates should have strong news judgment and writing skills which translate into dynamic stories and live shots. We value initiative and a commitment to continuous professional development. While work-life balance is a priority in our newsroom, journalists at WJXT must be adaptable and flexible to accommodate various shifts, breaking news, special assignments, and holiday coverage. Additional duties may be assigned based on the needs of an evolving newsroom.
- At least one year reporting experience in a television newsroom
- Strong editorial voice and vision
- Technical skills including the ability to shoot and edit video
- Research, digital, and social media skills
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, high-pressure, deadline-driven environment
- College degree in Journalism/Communications preferred
Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screening, investigative background check, employment/education verifications and reference checks.
GMG/WJXT/WCWJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In addition to complying with the requirements of federal law, GMG/WJXT/WCWJ will comply with applicable state and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination.
HOW TO APPLY
Kathryn Bonfield ([email protected])
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE