KSNW is looking for an experienced journalist to join our team as a weekend morning co-anchor. We are looking for an individual who is a team player, strong writer, and eager to contribute to the overall growth of the newsroom. The anchor/MMJ will play an active role in the weekend morning shows and news development. Three days a week, you’ll be expected to pitch day-turn stories and report, write, shoot, edit, and perform live shots as a reporter/MMJ for our daily newscasts. The ideal candidate should have the ability to enterprise relevant, unique, broad-appeal content every day. An ethical journalist with strong storytelling skills and a desire to be an active member of the newsroom and the Wichita community will thrive in this position!
If you’ve never been to Wichita, it is a hidden gem! This underrated city boasts affordable cost of living, friendly people, great restaurants, up and coming arts and culture scene and very little traffic.
Minimum 2 years’ experience in news reporting; regular or fill-in anchoring experience also required.
The Weekend Morning News Anchor/MMJ presents, reports, shoots, writes, voices, edits and feeds news production content for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging and meaningful to news consumers.
- Gathers and presents accurate and interesting information for news stories and other content for all platforms.
- Evaluates news leads and tips to develop story ideas. Gathers and verifies accurate information about newsworthy events by interview, investigation, or observation.
- Ensures that all news content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
- Writes and delivers news stories in a clear and concise manner.
- Assists in writing, copy editing, researching and coordinating news programming and other content.
- Presents compelling, clear, creative and accurate live shots.
- Responds to breaking news and other urgent newsrooms situations as required.
- Participates in promotional activities including public appearances.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Writes content for the website and other eMedia platforms.
- Interacts with viewers/users on social media sites.
Requirements & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- Fluency in English, bilingual in Spanish a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad lib when required.
- Superior on-air presence.
- Excellent news judgment with knowledge of local and national current events, history, newsmakers, and issues.
- Proficiency with newsroom computer systems, editing, camera equipment, computers, telephones, and other office equipment.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to effectively listen to fully understand problems and communicate with a team to shape a solution.
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Flexibility to work any shift.
Provide resume and digital reel when applying.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/MENTAL/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: High-stress environment with deadline pressures. Travel will be required on a regular basis. Position requires the transport of equipment weighing up to 60 lbs. Position often requires work in extreme outdoor temperatures. A valid driver's license and an acceptable driving record are required.
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar