9NEWS is looking for a talented and dynamic weekend morning anchor to co-anchor our three hour morning newscast on Saturdays and Sundays. The successful candidate will demonstrate superior on-camera communication skills as well as the ability to engage in spontaneous conversation with other members of the on-air team. Weekday responsibilities include acting as a multi-skilled journalist to gather, shoot, write and edit stories as well as filling as an anchor on other newscasts as needed.
Editorial Mission Statement:
9NEWS produces accurate, relevant news content across platforms, empowering people to make informed decisions for themselves and their families. 9NEWS is a brave space for journalists to pursue their purpose, find and tell truths, listen and amplify Colorado's diverse voices, and filter out disinformation to create understanding, accountability, enlightenment, and empathy.
The core values of 9NEWS are bravery, integrity, passion, curiosity, and inclusivity.
- Anchor 6-9 a.m. news on weekend mornings.
- Write and copy edit stories under deadline.
- Work closely with the rest of the on-air and off-air team to produce a market leading newscast.
- On reporting days, identify and pitch multiple story possibilities.
- On reporting days, gather, shoot, write and edit news stories under deadline.
- In some instances, work directly with photojournalists to produce stories.
- Report live from the scene of various news stories.
- Produce a digital version of each broadcast story.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or communication preferred.
- Three to five years of experience in daily electronic journalism, including regular opportunities to anchor newscasts.
- Thorough understanding of journalism practices and ethics.
Travel: Occasionally: 10-25%
Work Environment Set: Outdoors: performed in various outdoor environmental conditions
Physical Demands Set: Medium work: Involves standing prolong hours, stooping, bending, lifting/pushing up to 25 lbs
Pay Range: $85,000 – $115,000 per year, depending on experience and qualifications.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
HOW TO APPLY