Nexstar Broadcasting has an opening for a Weekend Anchor and three day a week reporter. If you have anchor, reporter and producer experience and are serious about putting a credible product on the air, we want to hear from you. The successful candidate will anchor and produce the weekend newscasts, report during the week, and be involved in the local community.
The Weekend Anchor/Reporter serves as the primary presenter of weekend news stories and other content for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging and meaningful to news viewers. On non-weekend workdays, the Weekend Anchor/Reporter collects, analyzes and presents facts about newsworthy events by interview, investigation or observation for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging and meaningful to viewers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Presents news stories and other content for all platforms.
• Ensures that all news content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
• Writes and delivers news stories in a clear and concise manner.
• Produces newscasts and communicates clear direction with team members.
• Assists in writing, copy editing, researching and coordinating news programming and other content.
• Conducts interviews with news personnel and others.
• Responds to breaking news and other urgent newsrooms situations as required.
• Participates in promotional activities including public appearances.
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
• Edits video as assigned.
• Writes content for the website and other eMedia platforms.
• Interacts with viewers/users on social media sites.
• Reports news stories for broadcast, describing the background and details of events.
• Arranges interviews with people who can provide information about stories.
• Reviews copy and corrects errors in content, grammar and punctuation, following prescribed editorial style and formatting guidelines.
• Reviews and evaluates notes taken about event aspects in order to isolate pertinent facts and details.
• Determines a story’s emphasis, length and format, and organizes material accordingly.
• Researches and analyzes background information related to news stories in order to be able to provide complete and accurate information.
• Gathers information about events through research, interviews, experience or attendance at political, news, sports, artistic, social or other functions.
• Pitches stories to news managers and news producers which are relevant to the local community.
• Receives assignments and evaluates leads and tips to develop story ideas.
• Discusses issues with producers and/or news managers to establish priorities or positions.
• Checks reference materials such as books, news files or public records to obtain relevant facts.
• Revises work to meet editorial approval or to fit time requirements.
• Shoots and edits news events and news reports.
• Produces and presents reports for all platforms.
• Ensures that all content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
2 years reporting experience with some fill-in anchor experience.
Bachelor’s Degree or commiserate experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar