KFSM is the news leader in the market, looking for an experienced, engaging, and enterprising journalist to join our team as a Weekend Anchor and Multiskilled Journalist!
The successful candidate must be deeply committed to local news; be a natural competitor – wanting to consistently break lead stories and love covering breaking news and weather. In addition, they must be an excellent storyteller, developer of sources and understand the news cycle extends to multiple platforms: someone who is willing and able to create unique and shareable stories for all platforms.
Our ideal candidate is a digitally savvy team member who can create innovative content for our community. In this role, you’ll be responsible for anchoring weekend morning newscasts and reporting during the week. The reporting and anchoring will both require establishing sources, pitching unique enterprise story ideas, strong writing, and news judgement skills. You’ll also be required to engage with the community both through your social media accounts and at community outreach events.
Northwest Arkansas is one of the fastest growing areas in the nation, often referred to as America’s hidden gem. We have all the big city amenities without the big city hustle and bustle. Fayetteville was recently named one of the top places to live in the country according to U.S. News & World Report. There is no limit to things you can do and explore in Northwest Arkansas. Our DMA has charming downtowns, world-class art museums, internationally ranked bike trails, hundreds of waterfalls, award-winning cuisine, the top-rated farmers markets in the country, street festivals and top-rated performances.
- Anchor weekend newscasts and other newscasts to fill-in during the week as assigned
- Work with producers to create an engaging newscast, write and copy edit to improve all content every day.
- Generate unique, compelling, and innovative story/show ideas and content
- Excellent, creative presentation and writing skills a must
- Excellent use of social media for news gathering and community engagement
- Cultivate sources
- Find enterprise stories and tell them in a way that brings topics and characters to life.
- Contribute to multiple platforms daily including writing for the website, posting on social media, creating for mobile, and most of all creating a dialog with our audience and your friends and followers.
- Collaborate with a team to produce the most creative, compelling stories
- Develop contacts and relationships in the community
- Journalism or Mass Communication degree preferred with two-years of experience
- Strong on-camera delivery with the ability to ad-lib
- Excellent writing, packaging, and live skills
- Ability to shoot and edit
- Knowledge of ENPS (scripting and Edius (editing) a plus
- Must be able to report in a broad range of styles with good on-air presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure
- Strong social media presence
- Specialized reporting experience (investigative) a plus
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Light work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
HOW TO APPLY