WSYR-TV, Syracuse, NY is seeking a motivated and skilled individual to join our team as a Weekday Morning Co-Anchor/Reporter.
Syracuse is in the heart of New York and home to award-winning hospitality, affordability, and fun! A growing region known for natural beauty and a strong network of educational institutions at all levels from excellent public and private schools to colleges and universities, including Syracuse University, Le Moyne College, and Upstate Medical University. These are just some of the reasons why the Syracuse region is a great place to live.
The qualified individual serves as the primary presenter of weekday morning news stories and other content for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging, and meaningful to news consumers. The qualified candidate must excel in breaking news situations, have excellent news judgment, and win the big story.
- Presents news stories and other content for all platforms.
- Ensures that all news content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
- Writes and delivers news stories in a clear and concise manner.
- Assists in writing, copy editing, researching, and coordinating news programming and other content.
- Acts as a field reporter as assigned daily.
- Responds to breaking news and other urgent newsrooms situations as required.
- Participates in promotional activities including public appearances.
- Candidate MUST BE community oriented.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Edits video clips as assigned.
- Writes content for the website and other platforms.
- Interacts with viewers/users on social media sites.
- Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with the ability to ad lib when required.
- Experience in news anchoring and reporter a must.
- Superior on-air presence.
- Excellent news judgment with an expansive knowledge of local and national current events, history, newsmakers, and issues.
- Experience guiding, directing, and motivating others.
- Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to effectively listen to fully understand problems and communicate with a team to shape a solution.
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Flexibility to work any shift.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Weekday Morning Co-Anchor/Reporter must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work near others, work outdoors occasionally in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. Must be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools, or controls. Must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 50 pounds. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
Salary: $50,000 to $75,000 per year
NewsChannel 9 WSYR-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar