News Channel 34 Binghamton and WETM TV Elmira has an immediate opening for a Web Content Manager for its award-winning website and digital platforms. MyTwinTiers.com and Binghamtonhomepage.com have received multiple honors and are consistent top performing platforms nationally across Nexstar Digital.
The Web Content Manager will work with Both the News Director and the Digital Media Manager to create the overall strategy, look, layout, content and features of the websites and mobile platforms.
Additionally, the Digital Content Manager will be responsible for helping create, produce, edit and maintain all digital news content along with providing guidance and leadership to the newsroom staff on all responsibilities related to digital content and development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The job duties will cover all aspects of maintaining and growing the digital brand which includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Daily site maintenance and updates
- Designing web page layouts
- Designing graphics for web pages, news web elements, and advertisers
- Tracking web, mobile, and social analytics
- Using analytics to increase audience growth across all platforms
- Ability to manage projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to understand and adapt to various web-based programs
- Deciding which content is most relevant to our news audience.
- Prioritizing stories and story development efforts. Determine the order in which stories should be told.
- Update Website and Social Media platforms regularly.
- Must perform other duties as assigned. Management reserves the right to add or modify job duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, communications, or related field of equivalent combination of education and work experience with strong web & social media skills.
- Fluency in English with strong spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Knowledge of AP style writing.
- Solid news judgment with good editorial skills.
- Excellent communication skills (oral & written) with coworkers and the public.
- Proficiency with computers, tablets and mobile digital devices.
- Strong ability to manage projects, meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Flexibility to work any shift, with some late notice of shift and schedule changes if necessary.
- Must have a good working knowledge of how to use a web-based CMS, basic HTML, WordPress, Photoshop, Canva, Social Media, Mobile and other web & social media skills.
- Work with other departments and staff on Contests, Promotions & Projects etc.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar