WATN/WLMT, the TEGNA station in Memphis, TN is looking for a highly skilled photojournalist, who wants to break from the traditional format and is willing to break the mold in their storytelling. A successful candidate is eager to tell great stories on their own or with a team by capturing creative video & audio elements that produce compelling and engaging news, sports, and feature stories in a deadline environment. They are proficient with live news gathering tools and can handle breaking news situations when necessary.
• Using the latest photography and editing tools.
• Creative storytelling with the highest journalistic standards.
• Using creative production techniques such as graphics and other forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories.
• Editing, filing and posting a variety of video elements including voice-overs, packages, bumpers and some promotional material.
• Encoding video for web and mobile distribution.
• Ability to operate non-linear edit systems, experience with Edius is a plus.
• ENG shooting experience is also a plus, job requires gathering content in the field.
• Maintaining and being responsible for all issued station equipment and vehicles, in accordance with policy.
• Have a professional demeanor and work well/as a team player with news team and staff at all times.
• Ability to multi-task, handling editing assignments and capturing feeds and FTP material from multiple TEGNA stations, while constantly monitoring quality control.
• Performing other tasks as required by supervisor or news managers.
3 – 5 years
• BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
• 3-5 years of experience in photojournalism, non-linear editing, and content management systems
• Ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live shots
• Demonstrated social media proficiency
• Demonstrated news judgment, photography experience, and non-linear editing skills
• Flexible with schedule, reliable and dependable
• Understanding of the tenets of professional journalism
• Knowledge of ENPS and Edius
• Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
• Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing event
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.