About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WBRC is the number one station in Central Alabama. We produce award-winning news. We also have a dominant digital presence, using WBRC.com, the WBRC News app, the WBRC Weather app, and social media platforms to connect to a worldwide audience..
WBRC is seeking a craft videojournalist who is an expert videographer and editor. He/she will have a can-do attitude and a willingness to help others.
Duties/Responsible include (but not limited to) the following:
– Gather information by maintaining contact with sources, including police and government agencies
– Respond urgently to breaking news
– Coordinate crews in the field and communicate updates to news staff and management
– Strong photography and non-linear editing skills
– Ability to operate microwave trucks and LiveU
– Ability to meet deadlines
– Must have excellent verbal and written skills
– Must be able to work individually, and/or in a group setting
– Should show individual initiative and creativity in photography skills
– Position requires working weekends and early mornings
– Valid Driver's License and able to complete the MVR process successfully
– Able to shoot and edit stories, work with reporters and assignment desk
– Capable of gathering information and interviews when necessary; conduct on line research
– Computer literacy required, including ideally ENPS news system
– Must be able to work well under pressure with limited supervision and daily deadlines
Interested applicants may go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on "apply now", upload your resume, cover letter and references
(Current employees that are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro employee portal)
WBRC-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a condition of employment, Gray Television will require that newly hired employees, whether part-time or full-time, be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first workday to the extent permitted by applicable law unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation.
HOW TO APPLY
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter and references.