Audacy is searching for an innovator, strategist, and visionary who can lead our all-news radio and digital assets that will fully engage the next generation of news consumers. The VP of News is responsible for overseeing all news content across Audacy New York’s best in class
local news brands. The ideal candidate must be able to lead two news-focused broadcast stations, their digital operations in English and Spanish, inspire, teach, mentor, and motivate a team of more than 50 reporters, anchors, writers, editors, and others. The successful candidate will also oversee all operations for the NY Mets radio network, including talent.
This role is for a hands-on leader and self-starter who is relentless in the pursuit of excellence in all phases of the job in the most demanding 24-hour news environment in the industry.
The anticipated starting salary range for New York, NY based individuals expressing interest in this position is $24,000/yr – $280,000/yr.
Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities and location of the applicant, as well as internal and external equity.
Audacy offers full time employees with a comprehensive benefits package to include: health care coordinator, medical, dental, vision, telemedicine, flexible spending accounts, health savings account, disability, life insurance, critical illness, hospital indemnity, accident insurance, paid time off (sick, vacation, personal, parental, volunteer), 401(k) retirement plan, discounted employee stock purchase, student loan payment assistance program, legal assistance, life assistance program, identity theft protection, discounted home and auto insurance, and pet insurance.
- Manage all broadcast and digital news content across 1010 WINS, WCBS 880, and WINS
- Have a thorough understanding of all FCC rules and regulations governing broadcast.
- Team building attitude that sparks collaboration and fosters an environment where diverse
opinions are encouraged
- Work with research and analytics departments
- Partner with revenue leadership on the development of programs, features and sponsorship
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, preferred
- Minimum of 5-10+ years in integrated broadcast and/or digital news organization
- Must have proven track record as a leader, effective communicator, problem-solver, as well as
budgeting, and analytics
- Capable of presenting ideas to both senior leaders and rank and file
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Comfortable in high visibility role that includes public speaking, client meetings, and community
outreach as well as regular contact with political, social, and business leaders
Audacy, Inc. (NYSE: AUD) is a scaled, multi-platform audio content and entertainment company with the country’s best radio broadcasting group, a leader in virtually every segment of audio, and America’s #1 creator of original, premium audio. Audacy engages over 170 million consumers each month, bringing people together around the news, sports, podcasts and music that matter to them. Learn more at www.audacyinc.com, Facebook (Audacy Corp) and Twitter (@AudacyCorp).
HOW TO APPLY
Please upload resume and apply at https://careers-audacy.icims.com/