About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
Western Mass News is a licensed television station in Springfield, Massachusetts, and serves the Pioneer Valley. The networks of Western Mass News include ABC 40, Fox 6 and CBS 3. Our three major networks and digital platform speak daily to over half of Western Mass and the area businesses. We have Western Mass's most live programming, from the Oscars to all the major live sporting events.
Looking for an exciting, fast-paced job, working with cutting edge technology? Western Mass News is seeking a dynamic and tech-minded individual to join our Operations team. You will learn how to direct live and pre-produced productions and pilot a variety of broadcast production equipment. A Technical Media Producer (Associate) collaborates with an award winning team with a commitment to the highest quality broadcasts in Western Massachusetts. This position will provide a passionate individual room to grow with Western Mass News and Gray Television.
Duties/Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
– Direct newscasts, live events, special coverage, and recorded productions
– Ability to learn control room systems including, Grass Valley Ignite, ENPS, VizRT, Chyron, Telemetrics RCCP, and Adobe Photoshop
– Perform studio preparation and coordination for productions
– Monitor and coordinate on-air product for three major networks
– Identify, trouble-shoot, and resolve equipment technical issues
– Effectively communicate and coordinate with multiple departments including news, engineering, and programming to achieve production success
– Previous experience working in broadcast or video production
– Ability to communicate effectively – written and verbal
– Composure to react in a fast-paced environment with professionalism
– Strong computer knowledge
– Solid organization skills
– High level attention to detail
– Capable of effectively prioritizing tasks and handling high stress situations
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on "apply now", upload your resume, cover letter and references
(Current employees who are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal)
WGGB-TV/Gray Television, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to or by the first workday.
HOW TO APPLY
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter and references.