About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets, reaching 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
KCWY-TV News 13 is a full-service television station and the NBC and CW network affiliate serving the state of Wyoming with news, information, and advertising.
The Technical Media Producer has the general responsibility for assisting with live or pre-recorded productions as assigned, monitoring the station’s on-air signals, transmitter, and FCC logs, and ingesting daily programming and commercials. Regular assignments will involve aiding in the production of newscasts or newscast elements, operating equipment in master control automation, various productions, and various elements for the secondary channels. Candidate must have suitable transportation to work, including during inclement weather conditions. The successful candidate will possess strong communication and people skills and an operating knowledge of computers. Variable work schedule due to changing shifts, turnover, station projects, etc.
Duties/Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
– Preparing and monitoring on-air programming and commercials.
– Ross Production equipment operation.
– NVerzion Master Control operation & automation.
– VizRT graphics.
– Operate equipment supporting production/master control.
– Effectively perform operations with a robotic camera, prompter, audio, and working knowledge of in-house production work.
– Edius editing.
– Familiar with newsroom computer systems.
– Understanding of all equipment in studio and production areas.
– Dedication to the care of the equipment.
– Maintaining satellite dishes during inclement weather conditions.
– Work closely with all other departments to meet all daily demands.
– Communicate effectively and efficiently with all members of the team.
– Adapt to breaking news and unpredicted changes to live programming.
– Assist in maintaining a clean studio and production area.
– Variable work schedule due to station needs.
– Perform other duties as assigned.
– Ability to meet multiple deadlines.
– Ability to lead and make split-second decisions based upon knowledge of directives.
– Must be self-motivated, ability to multi-task, and excel under intense deadlines and pressure in a rapidly changing environment.
– Communication & people skills.
– Ability to multitask under time-sensitive deadlines.
– Strong technical & computer skills.
– Flexibility with scheduling & job assignments.
– Ability to learn an understanding of FCC program logs & all FCC broadcast regulations.
– Willingness to learn new hardware and software.
– Master Control or production assistant experience is a plus.
If you feel you’re qualified, come join our dynamic team, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on "apply now", upload your resume, cover letter, and references.
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus before or by the first workday.
HOW TO APPLY
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter and references.