About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets, reaching 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. By upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and developing the best and brightest employees in the business.
Would you like to work for the #1 station in a city consistently named by T+L as one of the best cities in the world? WCSC in Charleston, South Carolina has been the dominant #1 station in the market since sign-on in 1953. The world-famous food scene, high-tech growth, and hot real estate makes Charleston one of the fastest-growing metro areas in the country. Manufacturing jobs at Boeing, Mercedes, and Volvo and the world-class medical community continue to make the Lowcountry a destination market. WCSC Live 5 is committed to serving the Lowcountry with breaking news, weather, and investigative journalism and is the most recognized and awarded news team in the market. Learn more about WCSC Live 5 at Live5News.com
WCSC is seeking a full-time Technical Media Producer to direct live newscasts, run master control, monitor on-air signals, transmitter, and FCC logs, and ingesting daily programming and commercial content. Regular assignments will involve coding and directing specific newscasts, editing news content and running master control. The ideal candidate will be an excellent problem solver, possess strong leadership and organizational skills, and be able to perform well under pressure in a fast-paced, highly competitive work environment. We are seeking a team player who communicates well with co-workers. If you are someone with a technical background and you enjoy a fast-paced live, automated television environment this position may be a perfect fit for you.
Duties/Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
– Code and Direct live and pre-recorded news productions.
– Work with news producers and team to prepare for newscasts.
– Running master control programming, ingest commercials and program content.
– Monitoring on-air signals, transmitter readings, and other FCC duties as assigned.
– Variable work schedule due to changing shifts, station projects, etc.
– Other Duties as Assigned
– The successful candidate must possess strong communication and people skills.
– Knowledgeable at operating PCs and automation software.
– Prior production and master control experience is a plus.
– Must be able to work effectively under pressure.
– Candidates must be willing to work any shift including weekends or holidays. – Requires skill with Ross Overdrive automation, Ross production video switcher, VizRT graphics system, Evertz master control video switcher, Crispin Master Control automation, Edius editing software, and all supporting equipment in Production/Master Control; including the ability to effectively perform at the following: remote camera operation, prompter operation, audio operation, commercial/promo ingesting, satellite/ENG/bonded cellular operation, program ingesting/segmenting, and desktop editing.
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on "apply now", upload resume, cover letter, and references
(Current employees who are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal)
WCSC-TV/Gray Television, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to or by the first workday.
HOW TO APPLY
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter and references.