About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WTVM continues to be the News Leader in the Columbus television market. With a staff of 40+ news professionals, we broadcast more than 7 hours of news each day on WTVM and well as providing news for WXTX, the area's FOX affiliate and WLTZ, the area's NBC affiliate. WTVM-TV became the first television station on the air in Columbus, Georgia on October 6, 1953.
Duties/Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Ingesting shows and commercials for later playback, playing back and monitoring shows and commercials for ABC, FOX, and NBC
• Overdrive operation, coding and playing of live local newscasts for both ABC and FOX news affiliates
• Running EAS tests so as to keep the station in FCC compliance, monitoring transmitters and taking accurate readings
• Ability to monitor and fix problems with logs, (Crispin – Loading Dock)
• Working with news to produce Live newscasts, Operation of Overdrive
• Ability to work weekends and duties as assigned
• Able to work a flexible schedule
• Live Newscast experience, MCR/MCO experience, ingesting show and commercial material
• Great communication skills and problem-solving ability under pressure
• Knowledge of AP ENPS, Ross Overdrive, Carbonite, Crispin, VizRT Graphics and VizTicker, Bitcentral Precis, and Panasonic PTZ Cameras
• Highly skilled with Windows based computer systems
• Positive Team Player
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on "apply now", upload your resume, cover letter and references
HOW TO APPLY
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter and references.