About Gray Television:
About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
At Gray Television, Inc., we offer employees the opportunity to connect with something larger than ourselves. Each day, our employees work alongside great people on fast-paced exciting and innovative projects that inspire change in the world around us. At GrayTV, our employees know that growth opportunities are endless and possibilities are all around us.
We understand that life needs balance. That is why we offer our employees and eligible family members a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Safe harbor 401(k) Plan with matching and profit sharing contributions
- Major Medical, dental, and vision plan options
- Employer contributions towards HSA plans
- Flex benefits, including healthcare and dependent care FSA plans
- Employer Paid Life
- Short and Long-term disability
- Voluntary plans, including hospital indemnity, critical illness, whole life and accident insurance
- 10 paid company holidays, plus PTO
- Wellness initiatives and other exciting work-life programs
WLUC has been a fixture in Upper Michigan for 60 years. The #1 rated WLUC is a market leader and an NBC affiliate. The younger FOX UP News is #2 in this competitive six station market.
The U.P. is a recreational paradise. Winter, summer, spring or fall, if you enjoy the outdoors, this is the place for you. Ten minutes from anywhere, you’ll find a trail, river, lake or event to capture your desire. The small town setting is peaceful and safe, but still has the big city entertainment and dining experiences. But it’s the people of Upper Michigan that make this area stand out. They’re friendly, helpful, honest and fun.
Learn more about WLUC: http://www.UpperMichigansSource.com
Job Summary/Description: Starting Wage: $18/hr.
A Technical Media Producer routinely direct newscasts and operates equipment in both News Production and Master Control where switching systems are preprogrammed and highly automated. When not directing and preparing for newscasts, they also monitor, maintain and operate master control automation equipment including preparing/ingesting program material. Maintain and confirm FCC compliance during scheduled shifts. This includes the master control responsibilities associated with both TV6 and FOX U.P. as well as all digital signals.
Please note – the primary job responsibilities include, but are not limited to the duties listed above
• Operate Ross OverDrive automation system and video switcher
• MCR operation and automation
• Operate equipment supporting production/master control
• Effectively perform operations with robotic cameras, teleprompter, and audio.
• Edius editing
• Communicate effectively and efficiently with all members of the team
• Adapt to breaking news and developing stories
• Assist in maintaining a clean studio and production area
• Variable work schedule due to station needs. Hours may include early mornings, evenings, holidays and weekends.
• Support operation of the station by assisting Engineering, News, and other departments
• Perform other duties as assigned
Previous experience as a Master Control Operator and Technical Director is preferred but not required.
• Knowledge of production standards and equipment
• Ability to clearly give direction to crew while under pressure
• Typing and good spelling skills necessary
• Ability to read and write, college degree preferred but not required
• Must be able to lift & position 40 pound lighting instruments
• Must have valid driver’s license with clean record
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on "apply now", upload your resume, cover letter and references
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a condition of employment, Gray Television will require that newly hired employees, whether part-time or full-time, be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first workday to the extent permitted by applicable law unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation.
HOW TO APPLY
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter and references.