Job Summary: WUSA9, the TEGNA-owned CBS affiliate in Washington, DC, is currently seeking a talented leader to join our exceptional Studio Technician team.
Responsibilities of the Studio Technician/Director include:
• Operate robotic cameras during live newscasts, recorded productions, live streams, cut-ins and commercial projects
• Live shot acquisition and media ingest during live newscasts, recorded productions, live streams, cut-ins and commercial projects
• Ensure effective interaction between the control room and multiple departments across the organization
• Ability to direct live newscasts, recorded productions, live streams, cut-ins, and commercial projects
• Determining camera angles, lighting and set arrangement
• Other duties as assigned
Responsibilities: Qualified candidates will have proficient skills with the following equipment and systems:
• Robotic studio cameras
• Audio mixer
• Studio lighting
• Control Room automation such as Sony ELC, Ross Overdrive, Grass Valley Ignite
• Video Switcher
• Experience with Movi / Steadicam a plus
• Knowledge of Chyron a plus
• Non-linear editing skills a plus
• Experience with ENPS and Bit Central server systems a plus
• Proactive self-learning
• Effective leadership and communication during a crisis
• Five (5) years of experience in various aspects of television production preferred
• A minimum of two (2) years of experience in various aspects of television production
• Excellent communication skills, with an emphasis on working as a team with Producers
• Strong leadership and organizational skills
• Personal integrity, accountability, problem solving, a strong work ethic
• Ability to work early mornings, late evenings, weekends, and holidays
• Ability to stand for extended periods
• Ability to lift 50 lbs.
• Comfortable working on ladders and lifts
To be considered a candidate for an opening at WUSA*9 – you must complete the online application for this position. Paper resumes or any electronic information received that does not come through the online application process will not be considered part of the applicant pool. No phone calls please.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.