About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households. We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WNDU is the “This is Home” station in Michiana and we live that brand every day. Our station fosters a positive, team-oriented culture that we cherish. We are located on the beautiful campus of The University of Notre Dame. WNDU is in an ideal location, close to Chicago and Indianapolis and just 30 minutes from Lake Michigan. The South Bend area is a thriving destination for first-rate education, sports, arts, and entertainment. Joining the WNDU team is an opportunity to grow your career by working in a positive and energetic environment. As the market leader and South Bend Indiana’s NBC, Antenna TV affiliate, and Circle TV. WNDU serves more than 286,000 households.
As a Sports Reporter/MMJ, you will be a versatile storyteller responsible for gathering, producing, editing and presenting sports content across various platforms. As a Weekend Sports Reporter, you will play a vital role in delivering accurate, engaging, and compelling sports content to our viewers during weekend broadcasts.
Live Reporting, Weekend Sports Anchoring, and creating multimedia content by gathering and presenting accurate information.
The ideal candidate should demonstrate a strong willingness to adapt and fulfill any required tasks. Building enduring connections with community members is essential. Additionally, being a cooperative team player and a positive influence in Sports is crucial. This role will involve travel to various local locations for Sports coverage of WNDU’s regional Professional, Collegiate and High School Teams and conferences.
Duties/Responsible for (but not limited to) the following:
• Utilize various resources, including local community contacts, press releases, digital media, and wire services, to gather information for Sports content and features.
• Collaborate with the Sports Director, producers, reporters, and assignment editors to stay updated on breaking Sports news and developing stories.
• Conduct live on-location Sports reporting during breaking Sports news, events, and community happenings, demonstrating engaging Sports reporting skills and the ability to think on your feet.
• Maintain composure and deliver clear and concise live Sports reporting even in high-pressure situations.
• Serve as the anchor for weekend Sports presenting scores and features with clarity, professionalism, and poise.
• Write, edit, and proofread Sports scripts for your anchor segments, ensuring accuracy and adherence to station standards.
• Collaborate with the Sports Director, producers and the news team to select relevant Sports features, developing a strong understanding of regional Sporting events and local Sports trends.
• Will have to travel to different local locations for Sports coverage.
• College degree
*** A motor vehicle record check is required. WNDU-TV is a drug-free workplace and participates in the Homeland Security E-Verify Program. ***
(Current employees who are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal.)
WNDU-TV/Gray Television, Inc. is a drug-free company.
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to the first workday.
HOW TO APPLY
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter and references.