About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
KTUU-TV is an NBC-affiliated television station based in Anchorage, Alaska. KTUU-TV’s early beginnings date back to 1953. Over the ensuing decades, the station has built a reputation of excellence as Alaska's most watched news source, producing 32 hours of broadcast news per week. Online, AlaskasNewSource.com is a digital news leader, and the station's OTT platforms and News and Weather apps are on the leading edge of mobile journalism. Strong reach and brand loyalty are augmented by added distribution to the state's capital and more than 244 rural communities throughout Alaska. KTUU-TV also operates KYES, CBS 5.
Alaska's News Source is looking for somene who is passionate about covering sports and news that affects our statewide audience. This position requires live reporting, creative shooting, writing, editing and posting sports and news stories. The ideal candidate will be an independent thinker, self-starter and team player who is ready to work with the news department and be able to communicate effectively with management, staff and our viewers. Must have a strong on-air presence, good writing skills and must be able to work well under strict deadline pressure. Travel on assignment is to be expected. Schedule flexibility is a must.
Duties/Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
* Reporting, writing, shooting, and editing for digital and broadcast content
* Live reporting, including ad-lib during coverage during breaking news
* Cover sporting events and news stories
* Produce, write and anchor sportscasts
* Write and post Sports & News stories on the station's digital platforms
* Active and involved live shots and stand-ups
* Research and navigate online search engines and use social media daily
* Operate broadband equipment for live shots as needed
* Degree in journalism, broadcasting, communications or a related field
* Must hold a valid driver's license and a good driving record
* Excellent interview and communication skills
* Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
* Strong initiative and attention to detail is required
* Computer literacy including newsroom software (ENPS), Microsoft applications and Internet use
* Ability to work well with others and independently with limited supervision
* Must be able to shoot and edit video (familiarity with Grass Valley Edius is a plus)
* Must have the desire to be at work during big sporting events, breaking news and special events
* Schedule flexibility
Qualified, interested applicants may go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on "apply now", upload your resume, cover letter and references
(Current employees that are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro employee portal)
KTUU-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior by the first workday..
HOW TO APPLY
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter and references.