NTV News in Kearney, Nebraska is seeking a Sports Director to lead our department. Successful candidate will lead a department of sports journalists committed to covering the hard news of sports. The Sports Director is responsible for leading and organizing a department that produces both long form and daily sports content.
- Organize and lead Sports Department. Gather sports information and report: shoot, write and edit content for all platforms.
- Cover local area sports
- Ability to travel to sporting events
- Ability to produce sports stories and special programs both live and pre-recorded for broadcast and digital platforms
- Report and write sports stories
- Ability to edit video images
- Education: 4 Year College Degree – Journalism preferred
- Prior work experience: 2 years previous television sports anchoring/reporting experience Skills: Newsroom Computer Systems, Avid editing a plus
- Office Computer Systems
- ENG Cameras and Recorders
- Video Image Editing systems
- Digital CMS platforms
- Detail Oriented
- Ability to ad-lib
- Strong Writing and Communications skills
- Command of English Language and Grammar
- Strong knowledge of all sports and a view of how they relate to life in central and western Nebraska.
- Ability to Manage and Lead Sports Department
- Work Independently and as a team
- Needs the physical strength and endurance involved with transporting video camera and equipment, running up and down the field/court shooting highlights, working what can sometimes be very long days.
HOW TO APPLY
Sinclair Broadcast Group