Entravision Communications Corporation (NYSE: EVC) one of the fastest growing Hispanic multi-media companies is seeking an On-Air Sports Anchor.
- Prepares the station’s daily sports reports for the assigned newscasts.
- Works with procedures to establish high standards and style of writing.
- Uses social media such as Twitter and Facebook to promote sports stories and station events.
- Develops and maintains contacts with local sports teams and athletic departments and reports on local sports events.
Creates an attractive, interesting, accurate, and fast-paced daily sports segment.
- Works a varied schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays depending on sports coverage.
- Reviews incoming sports footage and editing, cataloging, and filing of video library.
- Participates in community events and represents those appearances on social media.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Exceptional Skills in Writing Conversational Broadcast in Spanish
- Creativity and Enthusiasm
- Technical Ability
Required Education and Experience
1. College degree and a minimum of two years’ experience as a television sports reporter and/or anchor.
2. Available to work holidays and the hours necessary to perform duties adequately.
3. Bilingual English/Spanish.
4. Knowledge of I-News, Final Cut Pro extremely helpful.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a Full Time position. Actual schedule and hours may vary. Must be available to work weekend schedule, as necessary.
Reports directly to News Director
OTHER DUTIES: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
HOW TO APPLY
Email resume with links to your previous on-air work to: