The Social Media Journalist/Producer will edit, write, and manage news stories, photos, videos, live streaming and interactive content for all digital platforms, including kimatv.com, mobile, social media and emerging technologies.
KIMA-TV in Yakima, WA has an immediate opening for a Social Media Journalist/Producer!
This position is an integral part of a fast-paced newsroom environment and responsible for getting breaking news and daily stories on kimatv.com as timely as possible. In this role, you will edit, write, and manage news stories, photos, videos, live streaming and interactive content for all digital platforms, including kimatv.com, mobile, social media and emerging technologies. You will also react to and post breaking news quickly and accurately and will keep in constant communication with the news producers as stories develop. You will be responsible for crafting engaging social media posts that will drive audience engagement and help bolster KIMA’s digital presence. This position will work primarily with news, but will also assist sales and marketing teams on additional web content needs. Additional duties, as deemed appropriate for the role, to be assigned as needed.
· Must be a self-starter
· Have strong writing and editing abilities
· Excellent project management and communication skills
· The ability to meet short deadlines, multitask, and work well under pressure
· Solid news judgment is key
· Knowledge of AP style a plus
· Computer skills
· Strong understanding of web technologies
· Professional-working knowledge of social media platforms and engagement are required
· Microsoft Office and Adobe CS Suite skills needed
· Video editing skills a plus
One to two years previous news producing experience preferred, but not required. The candidate must also have strong leadership skills, excellent communication skills, and the ability to execute news strategies and goals in daily newscasts. Flexibility and on-the-spot problems solving abilities are a must. Journalism degree preferred. You should also be proficient with non-linear editing (i.e. Avid) and newsroom systems such as iNews.
HOW TO APPLY
Sinclair Broadcast Group