Job Description and Responsibilities
Job Summary: 5 On Your Side seeks a creative, visionary leader for its weekday lifestyle/sales-friendly show, Show Me St. Louis. As Executive Producer you are the leader and visionary of a 3-screen experience driving great content that celebrates the people, places and traditions that makes St. Louis a great place to live. The Executive Producer must be a positive leader, able to lead and execute projects and assignments between multiple departments (News, Sales, Programming and Marketing) and be able to make solid strategic editorial decisions. You will lead the show team of producers and host and set a tone with the team to ensure the show’s success which includes having the best segments (paid and unpaid), live shots, story showcasing and user-generated content in the market.
- Lead and mentor SMSL staff
- Coach Associate Producer to produce quality live TV
- Manages the daily performance of team; supports producers by providing editorial skills, copy editing, and creative production and storytelling skills.
- Work closely with sales to ensure a great customer experience, seamless coordination, and exceptional packages that deliver results for our clients
- Partner with the sales department to create unique, sellable opportunities to drive revenue and overall growth.
- Deciding which segments, guests and stories are of most interest to our audience, both broadcast and digital consumers.
- Develop and strengthen relationship between KSDK/SMSL and key clients and key community leaders and influencers, establishing relationships that build on KSDK’s legacy in the market.
- Prioritize guest segments, stories and strategic show development efforts.
- Communicates best practices effectively and professionally with the show's team.
- Assist in the supervision of station's digital content pages.
- Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, communications, or related field of equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- At least two years of experience producing broadcast news or lifestyle show
- Video production skills such as non-linear editing, shooting and graphic creation using the adobe suite a plus.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) with both coworkers and the public.
- Proficiency with computers, tablets and mobile digital devices.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment.
- Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
HOW TO APPLY