11Alive is looking for a creative and experienced Senior Producer to lead our Morning Show in Atlanta.
This person will work collaboratively with show’s Executive Producer to help guide teams in creating unique, shareable content that evokes emotion across all platforms (broadcast, digital, social).
Our ideal candidate has proven experience successfully identifying engaging content, teaching others how to do so, and developing a roadmap to meet the goals of our company.
- Helps lead teams in the creation of dynamic newscasts and digital segments evoking emotion
- Skillfully use social media and digital tools to research, discover and distribute content
- Use consumer analytics in determining content
- Enterprise news stories
- 2-4 years of experience supervising and leading other journalists
- Inspire news teams to work together for a great newscast
- Coach and inspire on air talent to be exciting and engaging
- Perform other tasks as required by News Director and Executive Producer
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related
- Proven experience producing engaging, content-driven newscasts and digital content
- Strong social media skills, including an active news hound presence on Twitter and Facebook
- Knowledge of ENPS and Edius preferred
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time sensitive deadlines
- Experience calmly handling live, breaking news situations and changing events
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.