About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
Alaska's News Source has a reputation of excellence as the state's most watched news source, producing 32 hours of broadcast news, weather, and sports content each week on KTUU-TV/Channel 2 and KYES/Channel 5 in Anchorage as well as KATH and KYEX in Southeast Alaska. Strong reach and brand loyalty are augmented by added broadcast distribution to more than 200 rural communities throughout the state via ARCS-TV, Alaska's rural communications service. A leader in digital content, AlaskasNewSource.com offers breaking news and statewide community coverage. Our News and Weather Apps, podcasts, and streamed content offered through Connected TV platforms reach audiences far beyond broadcast. Our mission is "To Tell Alaska's Story," and we strive to consistently distinguish ourselves as Alaska's preferred source for news, information, and community service.
Learn what it's like to work for KTUU, watch our video: https://www.alaskasnewssource.com/content/misc/What-its-like-to-work-for-KTUU-406566725.html?_ga=2.13789296.694555378.1612226017-281755813.1598908755
The Senior Producer produces the 6 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. newscasts Monday through Friday and is responsible overseeing all aspects of the newscast/s including: stacking the rundown, writing copy for stories, ordering graphics to fit stories, coordinating live shots with directors, and directing production staff, reporters & photographers. The Senior Producer also trains and mentors new producers on staff, as needed.
Essential responsibilities include, but not limited to:
* Prioritizes, organizes, supervises and produces newscasts following the station brand and goals
* Responsible for writing clearly, concisely and very conversationally
* Must maintain working knowledge of current events, community issues, and contacts
* Must come to morning/afternoon meetings with enterprise story ideas each day
* Accurate video editing with an eye for visual elements and graphics that makes stories understandable to the viewer
* Responsible for developing original story ideas for daily newscasts
* Special emphasis on working with anchors and reporters on story treatment and be able to accurately gather information for news stories under deadline pressure
* Acts as a leader in facilitating teamwork of staff members working on daily newscasts
* Able to accurately and calmly handle decision-making process, especially in the control room
* Must possess excellent communication and organizational abilities, including working with News Managers to ensure story accuracy and to determine the best presentation of reports
* Responsible for writing and posting stories and video to the station's digital platforms
* Ability to train new Producers in the role
* Regular produce live town hall forums, political debates, coverage of unique sporting events and long format documentary-style broadcasts, as assigned
* Site manage large events and determine broadcast coverage needs for projects, as assigned
* Ability to lead Editorial Meetings and make critical coverage decision in the absence of Senior News Management, if needed
* College degree in journalism or related field required
* Must hold a valid driver's license and be insurable
* Iniative and attention to detail is required
* Be able to write clearly and accurately; great grammar!
* Must be able to work well under sometimes intense pressure and tight deadlines
* Ability to maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving in a manner that will work well with co-workers, supervisors and viewers
* Ability to keep up with national and local news/weather is required
* Ability to enterprise local hard-news stories is required
* Computer knowledge including newsroom software, Microsoft applications and Internet use
* Produce newscasts including: stacking, writing scripts, editing copy, ordering graphics to fit stories, making maps, coordinating live shots with directors, production staff, reporters & photographers
* Must be able to edit video and audio (knowledge of Grass Valley Edius is a plus)
* Must be willing to work flexible hours, including evening, weekends, and holidays as needed
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on "apply now", upload your resume, cover letter and references
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior by the first workday.
HOW TO APPLY
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter and references.