About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WSMV 4 is Nashville's NBC affiliate and Middle Tennessee's first television station. Owned by Gray Television, WSMV 4 broadcasts 53 hours of live, local news each week, and has been recognized with numerous awards. WSMV is also the home of Nashville's Certified Most Accurate First Alert Forecast for 3 years running (certified by WeatherRate). Visit http://www.WSMV.com for more
WSMV is seeking our next dynamic Sales Manager to join our growing team. This role is responsible for achieving the station's linear and digital advertising revenue goals while excelling at coaching, training, and motivating our growing our team. The Sales Manager works in partnership with the sales team to identify customer needs and recommend marketing solutions, integrating multi-screen offerings, to produce highly effective and measurable advertising campaigns.
Duties/Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
– Work in collaboration with sales management to foster and promote a positive, winning culture.
– Ensure the station achieves their monthly, quarterly and annual revenue goals.
– Assist the sales team with development and implementation of effective marketing solutions for a wide range of clients.
– Ensure all marketing materials are up-to-date and assist team with building solution proposals.
– Work with the sales team to effectively explain campaign results to clients.
– Serve as the in-market expert for marketing and media.
– Introduce new marketing products and services in sales training meetings.
– Minimum 2 years of sales experience, preferably in broadcast and digital media.
– Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Advertising or equivalent combination of education and work-related experience preferred.
– Current knowledge of digital ad technology including Google Analytics.
– Proficiency in MS Office including PowerPoint required.
– IAB and/or Google AdWords Certification a plus.
– Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
Come join our dynamic sales team, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on "apply now", upload your resume, cover letter and references
(Current employees that are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro employee portal)
WSMV-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to the first workday.
HOW TO APPLY
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter and references.