11Alive/WXIA-TV and WATL, a TEGNA company, is looking for a talented, creative storyteller who can produce elegant, thoughtful, and brand-focused advertising for clients.
· Drive revenue by producing creative, compelling, and results-focused ad integrations, content, and commercials for 11Alive/WXIA-TV and WATL clients
· Identify new sales and sponsorship opportunities through existing station programming, major events, and external partnerships
· Partner with Director of Marketing and Commercial Production Supervisor to foster a production-house mindset with the commercial production team
· Lead all aspects of the sales integration process: generating and pitching concepts to clients, writing scripts and paid programming, directing production shoots, and overseeing post-production
· Serve as gatekeeper to ensure work is legally and ethically compliant, does not violate company policies, and protects the 11Alive brand
· Collaborate with news, sales, marketing, and community teams—as well as TEGNA Marketing Solutions—on integrations and projects
· Develop new relationships and partnerships to help meet station content, revenue, marketing, and community goals
· Grow content opportunities and production quality for ATLCO+, a short-form integration segment that airs on 11Alive/WXIA-TV and WATL
· 3-5 years hands-on experience working in editorial, sports, or marketing at a medium-to-major broadcast TV station
· Portfolio that shows demonstrated writing/storytelling, producing, and video editing skills
· Ability to present to clients and “think on your feet” to overcome objections and close deals
· Ability to produce concepts and/or spec spots the same or next day to win business
· Sharp aesthetics for video editing, graphic design, and typography
· Manage, prioritize, and track multiple projects while still meeting deadlines
· Excellent communication, interpersonal, and conflict-resolution skills
· Solid organization and time management in a fast-paced environment
· Take initiative to get things done, sometimes with little to no direction or supervision
· Must be willing to work in Atlanta GA. This is not a remote position.
· Must have ability to work flexible hours when needed, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Light work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.