Job Description and Responsibilities
A Sales Development Representative is desired by WFAA in Dallas-Fort Worth. The overall goal of the role is to facilitate and generate sales for WFAA.
The SDR responsibilities include:
- Generates consistent weekly stream of new qualified prospects at the beginning stage of the sales pipeline.
- initiating the initial connection with potential/cold customers to help elevate sales pipeline.
- proactively executing outbound connections via phone, email, social, etc. to cold/warm prospects with the goal of setting up in-person, zoom or phone call meetings to help accelerate the sales process
- builds qualified target prospects lists by category
- Develops category and media insights to connect with cold/warm prospects
- Partners with the WFAA Account Executives to identify the potential needs of the prospect in the Discover (CNA) Meeting.
- Once the prospect agrees to a meeting, connects the WFAA Account Executive with the prospect.
- Follows up with customers who have shown interest but haven’t made any purchases yet and expands WFAA customer base.
- By partnering with the WFAA account executives, helps bring value and accelerate the full sales process in all stages.
- Drive an Increase in Business Development Revenue and Account Acquisition for WFAA.
- Feeds Sales Enablement Business Development Insights to WFAA & TEGNA
- Cultivates a Robust Business Development Pipeline
- Increase Multi-Market Opportunities
- Pilots Potential & New Tech Sales Tools
- 1-3 years in a sales environment
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment.
- Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
HOW TO APPLY