Job Description and Responsibilities
WKYC, the NBC affiliate in Cleveland, is looking for a Reporter/Multi-skilled Journalist who wants to tell the stories that matter most. The Reporter will create compelling content for all of WKYC's platforms.
We are looking for a Journalist who can shoot, write and edit stories under deadline and present stories in a captivating and authentic manner. This person must be able to cover everything from breaking news to politics to features. The successful candidate will demonstrate a history of smart and engaging live shots. We want a person who will bring their innovative storytelling and content to our broadcast and digital platforms.
We seek a reporter who can look beyond the headlines to pitch enterprise stories on a broad range of relevant news topics that serve our audience.
- Develop and report content for digital and linear platforms
- Investigate leads and tips, conduct interviews, research stories, write and edit news stories.
- Create web content, meet publication or broadcast deadlines, and report on newsworthy events.
- Develop news sources for general assignment and special areas of interest.
- Collaborate with the news team on storytelling projects for digital and broadcast.
- Maintain story calendar and pitch impactful, newscast-leading stories.
5 – 7 years
- At least 5 years as a reporter or MMJ at a news outlet
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications or similar experience
- A portfolio with examples of strong breaking news reporting
- Ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live shots
- Strong social media skills, including an active news presence on all platforms
- Travel: Occasionally: 10-25%
- Work Environment Set: Outdoors: performed in various outdoor environmental conditions
- Physical Demands Set: Medium work: Involves standing prolong hours, stooping, bending, lifting/pushing up to 25 lbs.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.