ABC10 in Sacramento, California. is seeking an experienced and energetic Production Supervisor to join our team. The Production Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day production efforts on all platforms, leading the newscast directors, and directing newscasts as needed.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced automation director who is a strong manager of people and excel as a creative problem-solver.
- Supervise newscast directors to ensure all shifts are staffed and performance standards are met.
- Provide coaching, training, and performance management for all direct reports.
- Collaborate with the content team, marketing, and engineering to support large scale coverage for special events and breaking news.
- Identify and correct potential problems.
- Create standard operating procedures to ensure continuity for local shows, remote productions, and master control operations.
- Assist with newsroom media management to ensure content production is not disrupted and available on all platforms.
- Work closely with engineering to ensure all technical needs are being fulfilled.
- Code and punch live newscasts and recorded shows using Sony ELC automation, ENPS, Bitcentral video playout, Chyron graphics and BTi.
5 – 7 years
- Valid California driver’s license and good driving record.
- At least 5 years of directing experience, preferably in production automation.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, are required.
- The ability to work with a flexible schedule is a must. May require mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment.
- Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
- Special vision abilities required for this job include distant, close, and peripheral vision.
- College degree in related field preferred.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.