NBC5/WPTZ, a Hearst Television station in the Burlington/Plattsburgh market, has an opening for a part time Production Assistant. We are looking for an energetic team player who understands the flexible schedule that the broadcast industry requires to join our production crew. This person will be responsible for operating cameras, teleprompter, and video equipment; as related to live broadcasts and post-production. Must have good technical skills, and good communication skills. Responsibilities include floor directing, assisting the production and news departments, and other duties as assigned. You will work with our production team to guarantee a successful broadcast is produced. You will report to the Operations Director.
- Operation of prompter sets and other production equipment
- Lighting and script preparation for newscasts
- Construction, maintenance, installation and operation of props, cameras, prompters, sets and other production equipment
- Maintain professional appearance of studio/sets
- Understand and maintain lighting grid and control board
- Climb ladders to change light bulbs and adjust fixtures on the grid
- Edit syndicated promos for air and web content using Adobe Premiere
- Assist the directors as needed
- In person attendance is required at South Burlington, VT studio facility.
- Videography and editing experience helpful
- Current local Broadcast Journalism/Communications and/or TV/Video Production students encouraged to apply
- Must have a good attitude, be willing to learn, and be a team player
- Must be able to problem solve quickly and work well under pressure and tight deadlines
- Attention to detail a must
- Related military experience will be considered
At Hearst Television we tell stories every day. Stories about people of all cultures, backgrounds, perspectives, and identities. That's why, behind the scenes, we believe in being an organization as diverse and varied as the audience we reach, ensuring that the content we create is more compassionate, and more representative of the communities we serve.
HOW TO APPLY
Please visit careers.htv.hearst.com to apply. EOE