NBC5/WPTZ, a Hearst Television station in the Burlington/Plattsburgh market, has an opening for a part time Production Assistant. We are looking for an energetic team player who understands the flexible schedule that the broadcast industry requires to join our production crew. This person will be responsible for operating cameras, teleprompter, and video equipment; as related to live broadcasts and post-production. Must have good technical skills, and good communication skills. Responsibilities include floor directing, assisting the production and news departments, and other duties as assigned.
- Operation of prompter sets and other production equipment.
- Lighting and script preparation for newscasts.
- Maintain professional appearance of studio/sets.
- Assist the directors as needed.
- In person attendance is required at South Burlington, VT studio facility.
- Videography and editing experience helpful.
- Related military experience will be considered.
- Current local Broadcast Journalism/Communications and/or TV/Video Production students encouraged to apply.
- Must have a good attitude, be willing to learn, and be a team player.
- Must be able to problem solve quickly and work well under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Attention to detail a must.
- Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Please visit careers.htv.hearst.com to apply. EOE