About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets, reaching 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. By upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and developing the best and brightest employees in the business.
KGWN-TV is the dominant news source for the Cheyenne-Scottsbluff and Casper markets. KGWN-TV is located in Cheyenne, Wyoming, a community along the Front Range of the Rocky Mountains. Cheyenne is home to F.E. Warren Air Force Base, the Capital City, and Cheyenne Frontier Days the world's largest outdoor rodeo. With stations in Casper, Cheyenne, and Scottsbluff, NE we are focused on telling local stories that matter. We are dominant both on broadcast and digital. This is an excellent opportunity to work for a great station and company.
Would you like to start your career at an award-winning television station? Our employees contribute to that success on a daily basis. A dedicated group of experienced veterans and young professionals work hard morning, noon, and night to bring our community the best quality content possible. KGWN, Wyoming News Now in Cheyenne Wyoming is seeking a hardworking, trustworthy applicant to fill the open position of Production Assistant. Production Assistants are responsible for master control and audio board/floor director operations during newscasts.
Duties/Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
– Monitoring the quality and accuracy of our on-air signals as well as ensuring the transmission meets government regulations and the station's high standards.
– Building automated playback logs.
– Preparing material for on-air playback via an automation system.
– Verify all material airing by referencing timing sheets and dub lists.
– Perform on-air switching for live events. Operating recording hardware, satellite receivers, and computer-based systems.
– Monitoring transmitter power levels and tower lights to ensure equipment is functioning correctly and meeting FCC regulations.
– Anticipate and troubleshoot issues when they occur. Perform other duties as assigned.
– Preparation of the audio board and equipment for shows, as well as maintaining the quality of sound throughout the newscast.
– Controlling CGs throughout the newscast.
– Audio ops are responsible for checking sound levels on microphones and other audio equipment functionality, including running sound checks and troubleshooting sound equipment.
– Assembling, preparing, and setting up equipment and the studio prior to newscasts, which may include, monitors, lighting, cables, mics, and headsets.
– Finding solutions to technical or other practical problems.
– Being prepared to innovate and experiment with ideas.
– Working quickly, especially as timing is such an important factor.
– Minimum High School Diploma
– TV operation experience a plus but not required
– Work well within a team environment and independently with minimal supervision
– Possess strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
– Computer literate and technically oriented
– Self-motivated, and a fast learner
– Exhibit a professional attitude at all times and be able to perform in a high-pressure environment
– Able to sit/stand for long periods of time
– Available shifts may include overnights, weekends, and holidays.
Interested applicants can go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, and station call letters, or click on "apply now", and upload your cover letter, resume, and references.
(Current employees who are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal)
KGWN-TV/Gray Television, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location where the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus before the first workday.
HOW TO APPLY
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter and references.