WTSP 10 Tampa Bay is looking for a motivated, self-starting Special Projects Producer to oversee the creation and management of our Community News Initiative, and assist with other long form and innovation projects. The successful candidate will be a versatile team player that is highly organized, and be able to show they can identify, plan, and execute multi-platform enterprise projects in the most compelling manner. The Special Projects Producer will need to develop and maintain close relationships with key contacts, and constantly update the editorial calendar, using it to plan and prepare for the future. Candidate will also be called upon to line produce when needed and/or be part of the producer on-call rotation.
• Manages short-term and long-term content Community News Initiative and other projects
• Produce broadcast versions of long-form, and character-driven stories using the latest editing and photography tools
• Field produces Community News Initiative live shots
• Coordinates calendar and resources for key enterprise franchises
• Works in conjunction with the One Content Team (News Director, Director of Digital, Marketing Director) to effectively market and brand key enterprise content
• Attend editorial meetings, participate in discussions and suggest story ideas
• Four (4) year college degree in Communication or Journalism required.
• 3-5 years of producing experience in a line producing, special projects producing, or reporting capacity
• Must have strong research and creative mindset.
• Demonstrated news judgment, writing skills, and non-linear editing skills.
• Must be flexible with schedule – available to work different shifts.
• Must be reliable and dependable.
• Ability to work under tight deadlines.
• Line producing experience, previous special projects experience, and/or reporting experience preferred.
Travel: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment.
Physical Demands: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc, will also be required to be live out in the field working with crews during our Community News Initiative Project