KUSA-TV, the TEGNA-owned NBC affiliate located in Denver, CO is seeking a news producer to join our 9NEWS late news team. We’ll choose the candidate who demonstrates an urgent, passionate, and unmatched commitment to lead and revolutionize information delivery across all platforms. The right producer for this job is a risk-taker and a creator who wants to bring a new energy and new way of producing to enhance and innovate our late news shows.
We're looking for someone with a proven ability to create, produce and write news of the day as well as unique content with real personality and energy to our content. Ideal candidates for this position should be excited by a variety of stories and storytelling techniques to create a balanced, exciting, and informative show.
The successful candidate should be a self-starter with a positive mindset ready to take on any challenges and find solutions in their work environment and community.
EDITORIAL MISSION STATEMENT
9NEWS produces accurate, relevant news content across platforms, empowering people to make informed decisions for themselves and their families. 9NEWS is a brave space for journalists to pursue their purpose, find and tell truths, listen and amplify Colorado's diverse voices, and filter out disinformation to create understanding, accountability, enlightenment, and empathy.
The core values of 9NEWS are bravery, integrity, passion, curiosity, and inclusivity.
• Craft compelling newscasts that embrace breaking news, enterprise content, emotion, and showcasing
• Work directly with Executive Producer & news leaders to consistently build a high-quality news show
• Use creative production techniques like graphics, editing and new forms of media to enhance stories
• Write in an exciting, accurate, and creative way
• Enterprise news stories
• React to breaking news and manage the show's timing
• Research stories to ensure they are factual and ascertain sources’ credibility
• Use social media and digital tools to research, discover, and produce content
• Lead and inspire a team to work together for a great newscast
• Perform other tasks as required by supervisor or executive producer
• And most of all…have fun
• College degree in journalism, communications or similar
• 1-3 years full-time newscast producing experience
• Skills in producing engaging, content-driven newscasts and digital content
• Strong social media skills to deliver content and listen for ideas
• Knowledge of ENPS, Edius, and Axis graphics a plus
• Organizational skills and the ability to work under time pressure deadlines
• Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
• Shifts could include overnight hours, holidays and weekends.
Compensation Range: $27.00 – $33.66 per hour
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Sedentary work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.