WQAD News 8 is looking for a Producer who can write, create and produce exciting and interesting newscasts and news content for broadcast. Producers must be able to multi-task during the newsgathering hours, sharing content before, during and after a newscast. The ideal candidates are creative problem solvers with strong journalistic judgment, detail skills and an ability to think creatively. Our Producers must be able to skillfully use social media and digital tools to research, discover and distribute content.
In this role, you will:
• Create unique newscasts or segments evoking emotion.
• Write in an exciting, captivating and authentic manner.
• Develop original content through social listening and independent sources.
• Research for facts and credibility.
• Use consumer analytics in determining content.
• Enterprise news stories.
• Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories.
• A Bachelors of Science or a Bachelors of Arts in journalism, communications or other related degree is preferred.
• Strong social media skills, including an active presence on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
• Must have organizational skills and be able to work under pressure with strict deadlines.
• Knowledge of ENPS and Edius is a plus
• Demonstrated news judgment, writing skills
• Must be flexible with schedule, reliable and dependable
• Understanding of the tenets of professional journalism
• Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
• Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
• Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
• Physical Demands Set: Light Work. Involves sitting, typing, lifting/pushing up to 10 lbs.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
HOW TO APPLY