WTOL 11-TV is looking for a Producer for our creative, and collaborative newsroom. The producer must be curious, and trustworthy in a newsroom with a strong editorial voice.
Our show producers create interesting and informative newscasts, with an emphasis on the use of video, graphics, and conversational writing.
The ideal candidate will share innovative ideas for daily content, while maintaining close attention to detail. This producer must be able to write concisely and execute the goals of the newscast while also meeting tight deadlines.
• Use creative production techniques like graphics, editing, and new forms of media to enhance stories
• Work directly with Executive Producer & other management team members to consistently build a high-quality news show
• Use social listening research, discover, and distribute content
• Write in an exciting, accurate and creative way
• Enterprise news stories
• Lead and inspire a team to work together for a great newscast
• BA/BS in journalism, communications, or related field
• 1-2 years' experience producing/line producing for newscasts preferred
• Understanding of basic journalism
• Proven experience producing engaging, content-driven newscasts and digital content
• Strong social media skills, including an active news hound presence on Twitter and Facebook
• Knowledge of ENPS and Edius preferred
• Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time-sensitive deadlines
• Experience calmly handling live, breaking news situations, and changing events
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Sedentary work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
HOW TO APPLY