WBIR is looking for a dynamic TV producer to join our team. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment and loves news. The producer will create original content, cover breaking news and produce television that engages the community. The producer will also manage content produced by others, including copy editing. This producer may work digital and television news producing shifts. The successful candidate is innovative with strong writing skills, social media experience and solid news judgment. Qualified candidates will have some experience producing television, video and photo-editing skills and the ability to work a flexible schedule. Most importantly, this person will want to grow their skills quickly at WBIR, and work collaboratively in a fun, dynamic environment with a great team.
• Produce newscasts for WBIR and web stories for WBIR.com
• Report breaking news quickly and accurately
• Pitch and produce engaging enterprise stories
• Keep our audience in mind during the editorial process
• Communicate with reporters, photographers, digital producers and the assignment desk to present up-to-date stories in a dynamic way
• Monitor developing news content through email, social media and other online news sources
• Work individually and as part of a team
• Perform other tasks as required by leadership team
• This position may include morning, night or weekend work
• Educational background in journalism/media or strong internship experience
• One year experience working as a journalist preferred
• Excellent communication skills
• Passion for journalism and fact-based reporting
• Ability to prioritize and manage requests from various sources with an ability to work well with a team within deadlines
• Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills
• Outstanding interpersonal, organizational, and time-management skills
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.