Do you win the big story every day?
Are you a showcasing wiz?
Do you own breaking news and team coverage?
Do you add context and perspective to your newscast?
Are you innovative?
Are you calm and in command in the booth?
Do you have a competitive spirit?
Then we want you on our team!
FOX61 in Hartford is looking for its next power producer.
The ideal candidate will break the mold with innovative content which will help our product stand out from the rest of the market. The producer must have a strong editorial voice, pay close attention to detail, work to differentiate their newscasts from the competition, have a commanding presence in the booth, take direction from executive producers, shift on a dime for breaking news and not be afraid to take risks!
If that sounds like you.. apply today!
- Produce a creative and informative newscast
- Coordinate writing, editing of scripts that mix video, sound and graphics to enhance storytelling
- Coordinate and plan live shots
- Develop and oversee the production of graphics
- Work under tight deadlines
- Adapt to breaking news and developing stories
- Communicate with anchors, field crews and control room staff
- Skillfully use social media and digital tools to research, discover and distribute news
- Must keep up on local, state, national and international events
- Contribute story ideas to the newsroom daily
- Must work individually as well as part of a team
- Must have 1-3 years of experience
- Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism or related field
- Strong Writer
- Solid News Judgement
- This position requires someone who can exercise discretion, best judgment, and has solid journalistic/ethical skills
- Must be extremely flexible to work different shifts throughout the year, including weekends.
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Sedentary work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
HOW TO APPLY