News Center Maine (WCSH) in Portland ME is looking for a Producer for our winning team. The producer must be curious, creative and lead the room with a strong editorial voice. Our show producers create interesting and informative newscasts, with an emphasis on the use of video, graphics, conversational writing, and innovative formats. The ideal candidate will break the mold with innovative ideas for daily content, while maintaining close attention to detail. This producer must be able to write concisely and execute the goals of the newscast with near perfection.
- Produce a creative and informative newscast
- Coordinate writing, editing of scripts that mix video, sound, and graphics to enhance storytelling
- Coordinate and plan live shots
- Develop and oversee the production of graphics, working with an artist to achieve a vision
- Work under deadlines
- Adapt to breaking news and developing stories
- Communicate with anchors, field crews and control room staff
- Position may require working nights, weekends and holidays
- Skillfully use social media and digital tools to research, discover and distribute news
- Must keep up on local, state, national and international events
- Contribute story ideas to the newsroom daily
- Contribute content to station and all digital properties
- Must work individually as well as part of a team
- Must have 1-3 years of experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong Writer
- Solid News Judgement
- This position requires someone who can exercise discretion, best judgment, and has solid journalistic/ethical skills
- Must be extremely flexible to work different shifts throughout the year
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
HOW TO APPLY