Local 4 News is seeking a candidate with on-air commercial television experience as a News Anchor/Reporter. Must be aggressive and able to contribute to daily story ideas, gather, shoot, write and edit reports for newscasts and ourquadcities.com. Must have dynamic on-camera communication skills. We want a high energy, engaging talent who is a strong storyteller and candle breaking news situations in a fast-paced environment. Reporting for our broadcasts and web sites are requirements for this position. Community involvement in this position is a must.
Job Summary: Research, writing, capturing visual content and editing general assignment stories for multiple platforms.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Produce content for multiple platforms, including TV, internet, mobile, etc.
- Work with management to enterprise and develop stories on a daily basis.
- Demonstrate compelling storytelling using dynamic live shots and stand-ups, creative graphics, and use of digital and social media platforms.
- Anchor newscasts as needed, across all dayparts (morning, noon, early evening, late news & weekends).
- Organize material, determine angle or emphasis, and write story according to prescribed editorial style and format standards.
- Gather and verify factual information regarding stories through interview, observation and research.
- Knowledge of broadcast quality camera equipment.
- Conflict management.
- Detail oriented.
- Demonstrate editorial judgment using knowledge of journalism ethics and libel laws.
- Strong on-air reporting, writing, and technical skills.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree Journalism required (equivalent years of experience may substitute for education) + three years of experience as a multi-platform journalist. Prior regular anchor experience required.
Training/Equipment: Operate newsroom computer systems; camera and camera equipment; knowledge of video and editing systems preferred.
Work Environment/Mental/Physical Requirements: Position requires the operation of camera, camera equipment, computer and editing machine, and transport of equipment weighing up to 60 lbs. High stress environment with deadline pressures and the demands of breaking news, which can happen at any time. Position will require day-to-day multi-tasking, as well as managing multiple projects simultaneously with frequent change in direction and priority. Travel may be required. Work may be performed in extreme outdoor temperatures. A valid driver's license and an acceptable driving record are required. Must be willing and able to work any and all shifts as necessary, including overnights/early morning, days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
Must be able to sit, conduct phone conversations, use email, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work near others, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
Note: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar