KVUE, TEGNA’s ABC affiliate in beautiful Austin, Texas is searching for a motivated and high performing strategic leader to serve as President & General Manager.
Besides year-round great weather, Austin is known for its live music scene, festivals, outdoor activities, and unique local cuisine.
The television station delivers an array of products, from digital to broadcast, that enhance the audience experience. As the leader of this multi-media operation, the President & General Manager, working with the leadership team, is accountable for developing and executing a strategic plan responsive to the operation’s long-term vision.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of recruiting strong performers, building strong collaborative cultures, achieving financial goals and driving innovation. The position reports to the Senior Vice President, TEGNA Media Operations.
1. Responsible for overall success of the station, with full accountability for content, sales, brand and operations across all platforms.
2. Develops short, intermediate and long-range revenue and audience strategies to grow market share and engagement across platforms
3. Designs and delivers programming that drives ratings and revenue growth strategies to maximize profit opportunities with the core business and new media business
4. Works directly with the sales organization and clients to provide successful customer solutions
5. Develops and manages the annual budgets, including accurate forecasting
6. Identifies and delivers opportunities to grow multi-platform content and distribution capabilities
7. Provides leadership in the community and builds relationships with advertisers, viewers and customers
8. Develops skills of direct reports; builds a cohesive and accountable team
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, business or related field and 7+ years of strong performance in a leadership position with a multimedia company
2. Experience building high-performing & diverse teams, developing staff, and fostering a culture of care & excellence
3. Proven track record of successful leadership, innovation and goal achievement
4. Top-notch critical thinking skills and data-driven decision-making capability
5. Excellent judgment, role model, and community leader
6. Demonstrated mastery of planning, prioritizing and achieving financial and strategic objectives
7. Immersed in digital strategies and regularly engages with digital products
8. Risk-taking, continuous improvement mentality; strives for new ways to win audience and grow business
9. Effective communicator and inclusive leader who listens well, takes input from all levels, and creates a shared vision