WGRZ-TV, the TEGNA-owned NBC affiliate in Buffalo, NY is seeking a full-time photojournalist / editor who is passionate about great storytelling, moment capturing and collaborative teamwork. We want a photojournalist who is a self-starter that can tell stories on their own or with a reporter and at the same time…create different and compelling content on all platforms including broadcast, digital and social media. They are proficient and familiar with the latest technology and tools for news gathering, live shots and story / show editing. Come join our team of storytellers and work along with some of the best photojournalists, multi-skilled journalists and editors in the country!
- Capture video / sound / moments that help create memorable stories.
- Meet daily and short-term deadlines when covering news, spot news, sports, weather and feature stories.
- Operate an ENG truck or 4G live unit (Dejero) when assigned.
- Show edit / associate produce newscasts when needed.
- Create social media / content for all of our digital platforms.
- Be a voice. Attend editorial meetings and bring story ideas to the table.
- Be prepared to work solo or be assigned in a team for assignment.
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field preferred.
- 2-4 years of experience preferred in a newsroom environment.
- Experience in photojournalism, editing, newscast editing and content management systems (BitCentral).
- Must be flexible with schedule including shift changes / weekends / holidays and dependable and reliable.
- Member and active participant in NPPA a plus.
- Demonstrated news judgment, writing skills, lighting, photography experience, and non-linear editing skills.
- Knowledge of Broadcast ENG cameras preferred.
- Knowledge of EDIUS, Adobe Premiere or any Non-Linear base editing system preferred.
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines.
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events.
- Edit newscasts / associate produce when needed.
- Certified FAA Drone Pilot is a plus.
- Must have a current and valid driver's license.
- Travel: Occasionally: 10-15%.
- Work Environment Set: Outdoors: performed in various outdoor environmental conditions.
- Physical Demands Set: Medium work: Involves standing prolong hours, stooping, bending, lifting/pushing up to 25 lbs.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.