WUSA9, the TEGNA-owned CBS affiliate in Washington, DC is looking for a highly-skilled artistic Photographer and Editor who can create sharable and exciting content for television, social media and mobile
We want journalists who can tell great stories on their own or with a team
Our ideal candidates are familiar with the latest photography, editing tools, and techniques
They'll thrive both in a breaking news environment, as well as in long-form coverage
We want photojournalists who are proficient with live news gathering tools and can execute active live shots for both reporters and field anchors.
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
- Use the latest editing and photography tools to shoot and tell great stories, including but not limited to Edius and Adobe Products
- Produce original content on-air and on all digital platforms that evoke emotion and tell compelling stories
- Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories
- Run live shots
- Attend editorial meetings, participate in discussions, and suggest story ideas
- Edit and post video and text content stories for website
- Perform other tasks as required by supervisor or executive producer
- Must possess a current driver's license and ability to operate news gathering vehicle to and from various locations
- BA/BS in Journalism, Communications or related field
- 2-5 years of experience preferred
- Experience in photojournalism, editing, and content management systems
- Proven ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live shots
- Member and active participant in NPPA preferred
- SNG experience preferred
- Demonstrated news judgment, writing skills, photography experience, and non-linear editing skills.
- Must be flexible with schedule, reliable and dependable
- Understanding of the tenants of professional journalism
- Knowledge of ENPS, Edius, Axis graphics and Adobe
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
Travel: Occasionally: 10-25%
Work Environment Set: Outdoors: performed in various outdoor environmental conditions
Physical Demands Set: Heavy work: Involves standing, stooping, bending, using force, lifting/pushing up to 50 lbs.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.