KHOU-TV, the TEGNA-owned CBS affiliate in Houston, TX is seeking an energetic, highly skilled, creative photojournalist and editor who is passionate about the craft and thrives on great storytelling.
- Be able to tell a compelling, impactful story using video and audio as well as the latest editing and photography tools.
- Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories.
- Be able to edit videos for multiplatform
- A clear understanding of the principles of journalism.
- Be a team player working with reporters, producers, and other photojournalists to create the best product possible.
- Must be able to multitask and manage your time
- Attend editorial meetings, participate in discussions, and suggest story ideas.
- Maintain and operate news vehicle, bonded cellular transmission equipment, ENG/SNG trucks to and from various locations.
- College Degree or equivalent experience with a minimum of three years as a TV photojournalist
- Valid driver’s license and ability to lift and carry 40lbs and occasionally up to 80lbs of equipment.
- Knowledge of Sony PMW-500 or similar camera and associated support equipment.
- Proven ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live shots.
- Demonstrated news judgment, writing skills, photography experience, and non-linear editing skills with an understanding of the tenets of professional journalism.
- Must be reliable, dependable, and flexible with a willingness to work all shifts, days and overtime as needed.
- Strong computer and organizational skills in a mobile environment.
- Knowledge of Adobe Premier CC, After Effects, and Photoshop.
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events in a highly competitive news environment
- Drone experience and FAA Part 107 certification is a plus.
- Must be able to travel on commercial airlines when required for assignments.
- Active member of NPPA (National Press Photographers Association) preferred.
Travel: Occasionally: 10-25%
Work Environment Set: Moderate risk: involves moderate risks or discomforts that require special safety precautions
Physical Demands Set: Medium work: Involves standing prolong hours, stooping, bending, lifting/pushing up to 25 lbs.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.