Current employees and contingent workers click here to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
The audio revolution is here – and iHeart is leading it! From broadcast radio to digital streaming radio to podcasting, audio continues to grow – and iHeart, which reaches 90% of Americans every month, is the #1 audio company in America across every one of those platforms. We’re the home of many of the country’s most popular and trusted on-air personalities and podcast influencers; we build important connections with hundreds of communities across America; we create and produce some of the most popular and well-known branded live music events in America; and we have the only complete audio ad technology stack in the industry for all forms of audio, from on demand to broadcast radio, digital streaming radio and podcasting. Only one company in America has the #1 position in everything audio: iHeartMedia.
If you’re excited about this role but don’t feel your experience aligns perfectly with the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. At iHeartMedia we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace and are looking for teammates passionate about what we do!
What We Need:
Creates, produces and announces topics on the radio, including music, entertainment, politics, news, weather, sports, traffic and other topics of interest.
What You'll Do:
• Delivers newscasts; announces radio playlist of musical selections; gives weather and traffic conditions; delivers sport scores, statistics and upcoming game information.
• Comments on music and other matters of interest to audience (e.g. time, weather, traffic conditions) and may interview musical personalities and members of listening audience.
• Typically specializes in one type of music (e.g. classical, pop, rock, country and western, etc.).
• Writes, reviews and/or edits news copy, introductions, public service announcements, commercials, pre-recorded reports, contests, etc.
• Participates in promotional events.
• May be responsible for operating control board for studios and remote programming.
• May directly sell advertising space to advertisers.
• Regulates program timing, operates syndicated programming, and plays commercials.
• Monitors the technical quality and accuracy of incoming and outgoing on-air programming from master control room.
• Protects station’s license by censoring live programs and deleting words/phrases not permitted on air.
• Processes time-out programming for accurate play back.
• Checks studio equipment for proper functioning and notifies Engineering of technical malfunctions affecting quality of the broadcast.
• Handles emergency inserts (e.g. news updates and breaking stories, emergencies, alert system tests, etc.).
• Socially informed and perceptive; up-to-date and in tune with the local and national trends and/or specialized knowledge of topics/events related to on-air discussions
• Pleasant, charismatic and well-controlled voice; excellent pronunciation
• Well-rounded communication skills for conducting interviews
• Ability to make others feel comfortable and open up on air
• Excellent writing and editing skills; proficient in grammar
• Proficient in media production and broadcast systems
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and social networking
• May require selling skills
• May require other language proficiency, e.g., Spanish
• 1-2 years’ experience as an announcer in smaller market or college station environment
• 4-year college degree, preferably in Communications or Broadcast Journalism
• None required
What You'll Need:
What You'll Bring:
Cedar Rapids, IA: 600 Old Marion Road NE, 52402
iHeartMedia’s benefits offering is flexible and offers a variety of choices to meet the diverse needs of our changing workforce, including the following:
Employer sponsored medical, dental and vision with a variety of coverage options (employees meeting ACA measurement)
A 401K plan
Employee Assistance Program (EAP) at no cost – services include telephonic counseling sessions, consultation on legal and financial matters, emotional well-being, family and caregiving
A range of additional voluntary programs, such as spending accounts, student loan refinancing, accident insurance and more!
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here to learn about E-Verify.
HOW TO APPLY