New York’s flagship sports talk station WFAN 101.9FM/660AM, is seeking a part-time Sports Talk Show Host. If you know New York sports and you are a great storyteller with an engaging personality we may have the perfect job for you. You will create and deliver a daily fast-paced entertaining and sports show, focusing heavily on comprehensive coverage of the major New York sports brands and the development of hot topics of local and national scope. If you understand that radio is a two-way, cross-platform digital experience, WFAN may be the place for you!
The anticipated starting salary range for New York, NY – based individuals expressing interest in this position is $45/hr-$55/hr.
Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities and location of the applicant, as well as internal and external equity.
What You'll Do:
- Perform live broadcasts that are entertaining and informative
- Communicate daily with producer and program director to ensure program goals are met
- Assist the show producer with daily strategies, story angles and guest ideas and acquisition
- Interact with the audience on-air and via social media on a daily basis
- Maintain strong contacts and relationships with local sports brands
- Create daily content for website and social media channels
- Prepare and research for broadcasts
- Protect the station’s FCC license
- Monitor the shows and commercial logs for the air shift
- Ensuring that promotions and contests are executed properly
- Making personal appearances at station events and remote broadcasts
- Other duties as required by management.
Required & Preferred:
- Must be an excellent communicator with strong creative skills
- Must have solid productions skills and a strong working knowledge of studio audio equipment necessary for on-air and production execution, including on-air digital systems such as Audio Vault and RCS Master Control
- Knowledge of the format and audience required
- Excellent on-air voice with demonstrated track record required
- A valid driver’s license, satisfactory completion of a motor vehicle record check, and, if the position requires use of applicant’s own vehicle, proof of insurance, is required.
Audacy, Inc. (NYSE: AUD) is a scaled, multi-platform audio content and entertainment company with the country’s best radio broadcasting group, a leader in virtually every segment of audio, and America’s #1 creator of original, premium audio. Audacy engages over 170 million consumers each month, bringing people together around the news, sports, podcasts and music that matter to them. Learn more at www.audacyinc.com, Facebook (Audacy Corp) and Twitter (@AudacyCorp).
HOW TO APPLY
Please upload resume and apply at https://careers-audacy.icims.com/