Audacy Pittsburgh is looking for part-time on-air host that will work on either/or Pittsburgh Sports Radio 93.7 The Fan (KDKA-FM) and 100.1 FM and AM 1020 KDKA (KDKA-AM)
You should be a great storyteller with an engaging personality, someone possessing unique, dynamic thoughts & opinions about local news and current events and/or sports who possesses great range as an interviewer, and the ability to be a Good Neighbor for/in the community.
What You'll Do:
- Perform live broadcasts that are entertaining and informative.
- Communicate with producer, Brand Manager and News Director to ensure program goals are continually being met.
- Work with the show producer on content strategies, story angles, guest ideas and engagement.
- Interact with the audience on social media daily.
- Maintain strong contacts and relationships with a variety of types of community leaders.
- Create daily content for website and social media channels.
- Prepare and research for broadcasts.
- Protect the station’s FCC license.
- Monitor Logs for Air Shift.
- Operate the control board and perform production work
- Ensure that contests and promotional announcements are executed properly.
- Cross-promotion of other station shows both on air and via social media.
- Occasionally make personal appearances at station events and remote broadcasts.
- Other duties as required by management.
More About You:
Required & Preferred:
**A valid driver’s license, satisfactory completion of a motor vehicle record check, and, if the position requires use of applicant’s own vehicle, proof of insurance, is required.**
Must exude personality and not be afraid to have strong opinions as well as possess the ability to entertain in person. This unique individual should possess a strong radio background and have an interest in sports, and be prepared to handle the most passionate sports fans in the world.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Majority of work day will be spent sitting at broadcast board, speaking into a microphone and manipulating board controls.
Required & Preferred:
- Be a great teammate (work well collaborating with others).
- Must be an excellent communicator with strong creative skills.
- Knowledge of the format and audience.
- Understanding of FCC guidelines.
- Excellent On-air voice with demonstrated track record required.
- Connections and familiarity with Western Pennsylvania, Pittsburgh and the station.
Audacy, Inc. (NYSE: AUD) is a scaled, multi-platform audio content and entertainment company with the country’s best radio broadcasting group, a leader in virtually every segment of audio, and America’s #1 creator of original, premium audio. Audacy engages over 170 million consumers each month, bringing people together around the news, sports, podcasts and music that matter to them. Learn more at www.audacyinc.com, Facebook (Audacy Corp) and Twitter (@AudacyCorp).
HOW TO APPLY
Please upload resume and apply at https://careers-audacy.icims.com/