About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. By upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and developing the best and brightest employees in the business.
WCJB TV20 ABC Affiliate – #1 rated legacy broadcast TV station located in beautiful North Central Florida (the Gainesville market) has a proud heritage and an energetic newsroom. WCJB TV20 is the market leader, with viewers relying on us for news, weather, and sports coverage from Your Local Station. Along with the market's strongest news ratings, and ever-expanding digital platforms, we deliver results for our advertisers. Gainesville is a sports town, and we cover our local high school sports teams with the same fervor we bring to our constant coverage of Florida Gator sports.
Although best known as the home of the University of Florida, Gainesville is also a medical hub with nationally recognized institutions including UF Health/Shands Hospital and North Florida Regional Medical Center. Corporations specializing in medical innovations such as Priora Robotics and Exactech have also made Gainesville their home.
The Reporter/MMJ will research, write, videotape, and edit general assignment stories for broadcast and the web.
Duties/Responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
– Suggest viable story ideas daily at meetings
– Receives assignments or evaluates news leads/news tips to develop story ideas
– Gathers and verifies factual information regarding stories through interviews, observation, and research
– Organizes material, determines slant or emphasis, and writes story according to prescribed editorial style and format standards
– Shoots video and still photos for the web, if required, to illustrate stories
– BA degree in broadcasting or equivalent work experience
– Computer literacy is required, including, ideally ENPS news system.
– Knowledge of broadcast quality camera equipment.
– Edit video on Edius editing system or similar equipment.
– Ability to meet various deadlines.
– Strong broadcast and AP-style writing skills.
– Proficient at posting content to the station website, Facebook, and Twitter.
– Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
– Valid Florida Driver`s license and acceptable driving record required. No phone calls. EOE.
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on "apply now", upload your resume, cover letter, and references
(Current employees who are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal)
WCJB-TV/Gray Television, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior by the first workday.
HOW TO APPLY
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter and references.