Audacy-WRVA AM-FM in Richmond, Virginia has a rare opening for a Part Time News Reporter. 2023 and beyond will be unbelievable in news and politics, so come and be a part of a legendary radio station in one of America’s coolest cities.
The ideal candidate loves news and politics, is proficient in social media, digital technology, a master of audio production and must be comfortable shooting pictures and video (including live video) for publication on the station's website. The ability to lead and direct a show/content while running an efficient control board is essential. The Candidate must also be able to write longer form stories for website publication. If this sounds like you, we invite you to apply.
What You'll Do:
- Gathering, writing, recording, editing and delivering news content inclusive of providing live coverage when breaking news occurs.
- Interviewing news makers.
- Writing scripts and ad-libbing material for stories.
- Development and research of potential news stories.
- Protecting the station’s FCC license.
- Making station appearances as required.
- Working with sales and promotions departments to develop sponsored news packages.
- Other duties as required by management.
Required & Preferred:
- Minimum of 3+ years anchoring or reporting news for broadcast media.
- Must be computer literate and have excellent writing skills.
- Position requires proficiency in editing and packaging news sound and interviews.
- Knowledge of the broadcast area and station demographics is essential
- 4 year degree in journalism preferred.
- A valid driver’s license, satisfactory completion of a motor vehicle record check, and, if the position requires use of applicant’s own vehicle, proof of insurance, is required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and/or fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Position requires operation of a motor vehicle and the ability to speak clearly.
NOTE: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the employee, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Audacy, Inc. (NYSE: AUD) is a scaled, multi-platform audio content and entertainment company with the country’s best radio broadcasting group, a leader in virtually every segment of audio, and America’s #1 creator of original, premium audio. Audacy engages over 170 million consumers each month, bringing people together around the news, sports, podcasts and music that matter to them. Learn more at www.audacyinc.com, Facebook (Audacy Corp) and Twitter (@AudacyCorp).
HOW TO APPLY
Please upload resume and apply at https://careers-audacy.icims.com/