About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WSMV-TV is a NBC-affiliated television station and proud to be part of the Gray TV family. WSMV-TV is located in Nashville, TN and serves Music City and it's surrounding communities. We have an outstanding team and culture!
WSMV4 in Nashville is looking for dynamic producers with a passion for breaking and hard news. The ideal candidates will have a sense of urgency, creativity, and resourcefulness.
Duties/Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Craft a compelling newscast with high production value and a sense of urgency
• Co-ordinate on-air news coverage with anchors, reporters, managers and other news staff
• Participate in daily editorial decisions and long-term strategic newscast initiatives
• Gather accurate information through various sources
• Contribute to station's multi-media efforts
• Interact with viewers and users on social media sites
• Minimum two years of experience as a television news producer
• Strong news judgment and newscast production and writing skills are required
• Experience working with anchors, reporters, assignment editors and news managers
• Desire to win breaking news and weather coverage
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or communications
(Current employees that are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal)
WSMV-TV/Gray Television, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior by the first workday..
HOW TO APPLY
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter and references.